Re: KDM hang after login

>> Is there a way to make KDM default to selecting KDE as the session
>> type?
>
> sure there would be, but i think "default" is a better default.
> to make "default" kde for all users (like it is in upstream kde),
> you have to patch Xsession.

I would ask you to kindly reconsider that decision.

While it may be logical from a system structure perspective, dumping
the user into a blank background screen after login is
counter-intuitive to a user who has gone out of their way to install
and select KDM based on its being "the KDE Display Manager." The
spectacle of users (these didn't appear to be dummies, either) using
GDM to set KDE as the default is very telling.

I agree that you should not try to have _all_ users default to KDE.
But surely you could have those using KDM default to KDE.

Rodger Williams

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.