Re: Appropriateness of autologin (was Re: [FAQ] Passwordless logins don't work in KDM 3.2)

Ron Johnson wrote:

>>>Should passwordless logins even be allowed?
>>
>>It's the admin who decides about them, so I don't see a problem.
>
> An analogy:
> Should a Windows Admin be able to decide whether programs should
> be able to run within MS Outlook?  Sure it's conventient, but it's
> a *huge* security hole.

If I have a Linux desktop machine at home, and I give the kids an account and one for myself, I want (and need) a password on my account, I don't have any security purpose to putting passwords on their account. In fact, allowing them a password at all is just giving them a false sense of security :-)