Re: Appropriateness of autologin

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 11:20, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Ron Johnson writes:

> >> It's the admin who decides about them, so I don't see a problem.
>
> > An analogy: Should a Windows Admin be able to decide whether
> > programs should be able to run within MS Outlook?  Sure it's
> > conventient, but it's a *huge* security hole.
>
> Please don't start a flamewar on this.  An admin can enable
> passwordless logins in countless other ways already, and this is not
> going to change, trust me.

Starting a flame war was/is not my intention, and the thread won't
devolve into one on my account.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"'Reckless discharge of a gun', that's what the officers are
claimin'.
Bubba hollered, 'Reckless, hell!!! I hit just where I was
aimin'!"
Mark Chesnutt, "Bubba Shot The Jukebox"