Re: Konqueror problem after 3.2 upgrade

On Sunday 07 March 2004 18:40, David Pye wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just got KDE 3.2 installed from SID, and my konqueror taskbar icon now doesn't
> work. Typing konqueror from a terminal works fine.
>
> The icon's command is kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing.
>
> Runing this in a terminal gives:
>
> dmp@platinum:~$ kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing
> kfmclient: ERROR: Couldn't start konqueror from konqueror.desktop: KDEInit
> could not launch 'kioexec'

Works without problems here.  Please compare:

$ dpkg -S bin/kioexec bin/kfmclient
kdelibs-bin: /usr/bin/kioexec
konqueror: /usr/bin/kfmclient

$ ls -l /usr/bin/kioexec /usr/bin/kfmclient
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         3376 2004-03-05 11:42 /usr/bin/kfmclient
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        26656 2004-03-05 05:46 /usr/bin/kioexec

$ dpkg -l kdelibs-bin konqueror
||/ Name                        Version                     Description
ii  kdelibs-bin                 3.2.1-1                     KDE core binaries
ii  konqueror                   3.2.1-1                     KDE's advanced File Manager, Web Browser and Document Viewer

Achim