Alsa with 2.4.24

I've previously posted this to debian.user but on further investigation I think it is a KDE problem.

I run a sarge system using standard kernel-image-k7 and alsa modules.  I
have an Audigy sound card which uses the emu10k1 driver.  Since moving
to 2.4.24 I keep losing sound.  If I revert to 2.4.22 everything works OK.

Using alsamixer I can get sound to work OK on 2.4.24. However, whenever I load KDE I lose sound again until I use alsamixer again. If I go to control centre and turn off "load volumes on login" everything is OK again when I log in.

Haven't been able to find anything about this so not sure whether I should bug it.

Regards

Tony Middleton