Re: Speeding up Konqueror?

On Thu March 4 2004 03:55 am, Bob Tilley (AT&T) wrote:
 ] What options exist for increasing the speed (i.e. rendering)

 Buy a faster computer.

 ] and/or responsiveness (slow rendering) of Konqueror under KDE 3.2?

 Buy a slower computer.

 ] Konqueror, as I understand, is a multi-purpose Browser/File
 ] Handler/Document Viewer/etc.  Does an enhanced, faster, or more-responsive
 ] version of Konqueror exist?

 Yes, Safari (aka Buy a less compatible computer (aka buy a Mac))

 Btw, I think your wordwrap is still borked.

 If you're having performance issues .. maybe some metrics would help.
 Say, CPU, memory, URI of static web page and time taken to render
 from cached copy.  Others could then compare and advise if you're
 seeing expected performance levels.

 There is, after all, a remote chance that it's not a problem with konqueror.
 It renders admirably nimbly on my humble setup after all.

 Cheers,
 Jedd.