Re: Using deb and CVS version alternately?

On Friday 05 March 2004 14:08, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Thursday 04 March 2004 23:03, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > I've got a break-neck question...
> > Is it possible to keep one KDE 3.2 installed from debs and another
> > build from CVS (in /usr/local/kde) in parallel and use them
> > alternately? If anyone has tried such a thing, I'd be interested to
> > hear who you did it.
>
> Just make sure that KDEHOME is not ~/.kde when you
> login to your own KDE build (or be prepared that sooner or later
> some KDE 3.2 apps show strange effects after you used KDE cvs.)

Hm... apparently the danger's not worth it.

As I wrote originally, I already have a CVS version of KDE in a chroot
jail. Is it possible to break out from there and connect to the X
server running in my normal environment? I have no experience with
remote X connections. What I figured, so far, is that I probably have
to use ssh and do some stuff for exchanging authorizations. Is there a
tutorial somewhere for this kind of thing?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  I am the sum total of the parts
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        I control directly.