Re: Using deb and CVS version alternately?

On Thursday 04 March 2004 23:03, Michael Schuerig wrote:

> I've got a break-neck question...
> Is it possible to keep one KDE 3.2 installed from debs and another build
> from CVS (in /usr/local/kde) in parallel and use them alternately? If
> anyone has tried such a thing, I'd be interested to hear who you did
> it.

Just make sure that KDEHOME is not ~/.kde when you
login to your own KDE build (or be prepared that sooner or later
some KDE 3.2 apps show strange effects after you used KDE cvs.)

> I know that it's possible to keep another KDE in jail (that is in a
> chrooted environment) that's what I'm already doing. I'm considering a
> more thrilling experience.

Bad timing.  Not that much new in CVS compared to KDE 3.2(.1).  Try
again later ;)

Achim