Re: ICQ programs for KDE

Am Freitag, 5. März 2004 11:35 schrieb Jan De Luyck:
> On Friday 05 March 2004 00:44, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > I had some bad experiences today with ICQ programs for KDE.
>
> I've tried them all too, and for only ICQ usage you're really best of licq
> with qt/kde plugin.

That's what I used before I discovered sim (also because licq crashed a lot at
that time, I think it was version 1.2.1).
I take a look at it again.

licq (1.2.7):
++ good implementation of protocol
+- no graphical smileys (hey, I _really_ like those)
-- no "display laste x entries on opening chat window"
++ nice skinning
++ has probably-good plugin interface
-- only few plugin in Debian
-- messages are not directly displayable with the dock icon (e.g. with
   double-click
-- no notice when the window is not on top

HS

        oder über pgp.net