Proposal for adding a field in packages descriptions

I'm currently writing aimed at integrating APT in KDE (the first step was
the apt:/ kio). While doing that, I had an idea. (yeah, it happens :p)
We could add Mime: fields in package descriptions which will describe what
file type the package is able to handle (no field meaning that it is not a
file handling library for instance). This would have two advantages:
	- for programmers, to quickly find libraries able to handle a certain kind
of files
	- for desktop users: when no application installed is able to open a given
file, the environment will be able to ask the user what program he wants
to install to open it.

What do you think of that ?
--
Sylvain Joyeux