Re: Problems with kdeprint under KDE 3.2 from experimental

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 15:35, Bruce Miller wrote:
> I am trying to track down the source of the return of problems with
> kdeprint.
>
> linuxprinting.org has declared my Canon multifunction printer to be a
> Linux paperweight. I therefore run it off a Windows box linked to my
> main Linux host with Samba.
>
> The first problem I have found is:
> root@bruce_P4:/home/bruce# dpkg-reconfigure kdeprint
> sh: line 1: /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu: No such file or directory
> root@bruce_P4:/home/bruce#

Same here.

There's a /etc/menu-methods/kdm from June 2002 that's not containted
in any pkg.  My guess is that it's from an old version of kde. It
refers to /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu that got removed as it should
on upgrade.

Anyone knows what happens on upgrade with config files that
a no longer in newer version of a pkg? Looks like they are
kept on disk.   Does policy allow to remove config files
that are no longer used?  If yes, we should file a bug report
against kdm.

Mhmm,  /etc/menu-methods/kicker is form pkg kicker, but every
kde apps that has a 'start/open/view with ..' dialog uses the
menu tree. Looks like /etc/menu-methods/kicker should go to
kdelibs-bin or something a pkg like that that every kde app
pulls in via Depends

Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com