Re: Speeding up Konqueror?

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 17:55, Bob Tilley (AT&T) wrote:

> Konqueror, as I understand, is a multi-purpose Browser/File
> Handler/Document Viewer/etc.  Does an enhanced, faster, or
> more-responsive version of Konqueror exist?
>
> Suppose I wish to use only the Browser capabilities of Konqueror.  Is
> there a way to "turn off" the File Handler/Document Viewer/etc.
> components?

There's no point in trying this if you're looking for speed. Konqueror
itself is nothing but a shell, albeit a very nice one. All the
different functionality such as web browsing and file mgmt is handled
by kparts or other plugins. When Thus, when you're using Konqueror for
web browsing, only khtml and web/html-related components (those that
you see in the Tools menu) are loaded.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig              The usual excuse for our most unspeakable
mailto:michael@schuerig.de      public acts is that they are necessary.