Re: KDE 3.2 experimental seems sluggish

I was disappointed with the speed of 3.2, until I cleaned up my config files.
On one machine, where I had little personal data, I copied out the bookmarks
file, mv'ed my .kde to .kde.bak, and relogged in.  On the other, I just went
through and deleted every rc file in .kde/share/config that was for an app I
didn't care about.  I also deleted all caches, empty directories, and etc.  I
do *not* recommend this approach for someone who doesn't know exactly what
they're doing, though B-)  In both cases, I immediately saw a big speed
improvement, not only in logging in and switching desktops, but also in
konqueror and kmail.  It's kinda crappy that kde doesn't seem to upgrade
well, but thems the breaks...

--
D.A.Bishop