Re: Safe to upgrade testing/sid KDE now? - OK vs Broken

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:22:47 -0800, "Paul Johnson" <baloo@ursine.ca>
said:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:59:03PM -0800, Hereon wrote:
> > Is there info available that indicates whether it is "safe" to apt-get
> > upgrade a KDE system? [ie, that the upgrade will not result in major
> > packages missing, or not working.]
>
> If you need to ask if it's safe to upgrade to a developer version of
> anything, no, it's not safe unless you know what you're doing and can
> accept some completely random and possibly severe breakage.

Thanks for your prompt reply Paul.  :)

I don't mean this disrespectfully.  I am already aware of what you have
said.  The reason I included the bracketed section which you included in
your reply was to inform potential repliers of what I had in mind in
regarding "safe" - in a definitional way.

If you know if the debs currently on the mirrors should provide a
working, or broken, KDE upgrade [especially from the system I indicated I
have], I'd be interested in knowing.

Thanks.  :)

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different?