Desktop Lock in Sid (KDE 3.1.5)

For a couple of weeks my "Lock Screen" functionality, both by K menu
option and Lock/Logout applet, has not been working on my box. I've
spoken to a few other Debian/Sid/KDE users I know and we are all
experiencing the same thing. The screensaver works as normal after a
timeout so I don't think it's related to that.

Does anyone know why the lock isn't working or what I can do to get it
working again? I've tried rebooting but it hasn't fixed anything.

Thanks,
Andrew