Re: KDE suddenly turns to syrup

I had a similar problem mentioned on this group. The solution which worked for me was to change the sound configuration to select ALSA rather that autodetect.

Regards

Tony Middleton.

David Liontooth wrote:
At some point in the last couple of days KDE has slowed down dramatically. The loading is stuck at "Initializing system services" for ages, and the icons take about a minute to appear. The harddrive is not churning, just sitting there waiting for something.

orth had a solution to this kind of problem -- rebuilding something. Anyone have a suggestion?

KDE 3.1.5 with the most recent XFree 4.3.0.2 -- it might be the latter that's the culprit?

Cheers,
David