kmail - IMAP support regression

Howdy!

I'm happily using kmail from the newest KDE 3.2 debs, especially with the
'ignore thread' functionality that allows me to again take Debian list
reading from the newsreader to the MUA (and, hence, to IMAP).

But kmail's IMAP performance is far worse than before - on folders with 1000
and more messages, checking for new mail takes ages. The progress bar goes
slowly from 0 to 99% with full network load (20 seconds or so, 300kbps ADSL),
then it inserts the new messages in the folder, then the progress bar goes
*back* to 2% and even more slowly again to completion. Aborting this second
run does no harm at all, I can then read mail.

Other things I've noticed:
the 'unread mail' display has some problems. Sometimes, it tells me that there
is still unread mail in that folder while there isn't, sometimes it tells me
I've read all new mails (and hitting space doesn't go to the next unread
message anymore), but there are still unread messages in the folder.

Also, the 'ignore thread' flag is not stored in IMAP :-( Is this
server-dependant (dovecot here)? Or is it a planned feature (IIRC IMAP does
have the possibility to store custom flags).

cheers
-- vbi

--
pub  1024D/92082481 2002-02-22 Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch>
     Key fingerprint = EFE3 96F4 18F5 8D65 8494  28FC 1438 5168 9208 2481