Why kpdf sucks so much?

Hi,

one of the many reasons I looked for KDE 3.2 was introduction of
kpdf. I like xpdf, but its user interface is kind of strange, so
when I heard about kpdf it looked like marriage made in heaven
for me. However, apparently kpdf has some problems with font
display (see two screenshots: http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/tmp/
xpdf-sshot.png and http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/tmp/
kpdf-sshot.png to see what I mean). Needless to say, that all
fonts are included in the displayed PDF file, so there shouldn't
be any problem with their reading.

There does not seem to be much of documentation for kpdf as well,
so I do not know where to begin.

Any thoughts?

	Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

Science is meaningless because it gives no answer to our
question, the only question important to us: ``What shall we do
and how shall we live?''
    -- Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy