Re: 3.1.5 still to come?

On Monday 09 Feb 2004 10:16 am, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 09:00:55AM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
[...]
> > > I'd be quite interested in that answer.
[...]
> > A quick 'apt-cache policy <some kde package>' shows that 3.1.5
> > packages are in> unstable.
>
> They seem to be referring to the woody backport debs at kde.org. As
> to the answer I don't know what Ralf is planning...

Yep, it's Woody debs we're after.  In case anyone wants to suggest we
just go for 3.2 instead, _my_ stance on this is simply that 3.1.4 is
rock-solid on my machines, and only lacks the VCF security fix :
 http://www.kde.org/info/security/advisory-20040114-1.txt
whereas people are currently reporting a number of more or less painful
issues with 3.2 on Woody (Kmail 1.6 bugs, packaging faults, cosmetic
issues, "could not start kdeinit", etc.).

I'd like to join the collective shakedown effort (and play with all the
new geegaws), but just don't have the time right now - I must contain
myself and wait a while.

If all this is now solved, could some kind person post a Woody-KDE
state-of-the-nation please ?

Thanks
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK