Re: "Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation and try again."

>I think this is because the libqt3-mt 3.2.1-5woody6 backport was compiled

>against a different freetype6 lib (my unstable is 2.1.7-2 whilst woody
is
>2.0.9-1).

I don't think this is the problem because my system is:
woody  + XFree 4.3 from backports
and I have the same problem (Could not start kdeinit. Check .....) after
the upgrade kde 3.1.4 -> 3.2

Bye

Tiscali ADSL SENZA CANONE:
Attivazione GRATIS, contributo adesione GRATIS, modem GRATIS,
50 ore di navigazione GRATIS.  ABBONARTI TI COSTA SOLO UN CLICK!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml