Re: k3b & famd problem

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 15:25, R. Rodriguez shaped the electrons to
shout:
> Hi. I've noticed that sometimes when i burn isos with k3b as root, famd
> starts eating 90%+ of my cpu. When k3b finishes, famd still behaves
> that way, and i can't even start some applications (i.e., psi) due to
> an "input output error" or something like that... When k3b finishes,
> famd is still on top of "top" :P
>
> any advice?

1. Don't run anything like root. At least not when is not strictly needed

2. Disable famd, you gain nothing with last 3.1.5 in Sid (thanks to native
dnotify support).

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/