Re: k3b & famd problem

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 15:25, R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi. I've noticed that sometimes when i burn isos with k3b as root,
> famd starts eating 90%+ of my cpu. When k3b finishes, famd still
> behaves that way, and i can't even start some applications (i.e.,
> psi) due to an "input output error" or something like that... When
> k3b finishes, famd is still on top of "top" :P
>
> any advice?

Yes, get rid of famd (package fam). You don't need it, it causes more
trouble than it's worth. With the latest (3.1.5) packages it apparently
it has no advantage whatsoever as they're configured to use dnotify.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                       Face reality and stare it down.
mailto:michael@schuerig.de       --Jethro Tull, "Silver River Turning"