Re: Getting KDE to work

Chris Robinson wrote:
Hi

I have just installed Debian for the first time. I use RedHat a lot. I have got the KDE log on screen.

The first question is how do you get it to come up in text mode? I have tried editint initteb.

Have a look at 'man update-rc.d' or simply do a
'mv /etc/rc2.d/S99kdm /etc/rc2.d/xS99kdm' to prevent kdm from executing.

I have added chris with useradd chris. I can log log on with root, and when I log on with chris it shows the desktop backgroup and the returns to the log on screen?

Dunno about this one. Will surely need more info. What does your log files tell you?

--
Frederik Dannemare