Kate: How to set the charset to a fixed default value?

Hi,

when opening text files with german umlauts (eg. in Comments of C source
code), kate sets the charset not to iso-8859-1(5) or compatible but to some
kyrillic charset. After saving the file, all umlauts are converted into some
kyrillic chars - sometimes just to a question mark.

If I( do not forget to) manually set the charset to iso-8859-1 or iso-8859-15
after opening a file, everthing is fine. But how can I say kate to open all
files with iso-8859-15 by default?

Tim