Re: Diappearing symbols on KDE 3.1.4

On Thursday 15 January 2004 18:16, Thomas Ritter wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2004 20:33, Justus Frisch wrote:
> > 1. You will need to run kdcop (generally by typing Alt-F2 and then typing
>
> [...]
>
> > 7. After clicking ok the last time hopefully the icons will have
> > returned.
>
> Ermmm. That was a lot of text. And the reason why GUIs are just *sometimes*
> useful.
>
> Paste or type
>
> dcop kdesktop KDesktopIface setIconsEnabled false
> dcop kdesktop KDesktopIface setIconsEnabled true

Hehehe... sometimes though I use Konsole all the time, when I think of KDE I
forget that there are some things that also work with it :)

Thanks for the reminder :)

BTW... I'm not sure if that will completely work.  I did get the icons back,
however I noticed that I only got them back on the current desktop, so maybe
by doing that all through Konsole it will actually work better.  I'll have to
give that a try the next time it happens (though hopefully as soon as KDE
3.2-RC1 comes out then it won't be a problem anymore.)

Justin T