Re: Latest upgrade broke Aegyptan

Am Freitag, 9. Januar 2004 00:19 schrieb Doug Holland:
> > I was using the packages at
> >
> > deb http://ma2geo.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/public-debian/ binary/
> > deb http://ma2geo.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/public-debian/ sarge/
> > deb http://bulma.net/~daneel/debian/ ./
> >
> > I'm not sure if there are more recent packages out there.
>
> Oh yeah, I'm using Sid, with the standard KDE 3.1.4 packages including the
> standard Sid KMail.

No, this does probably not work.
The first two line are the repository managed by me and they use obviously
older version. I tend to upgrade them when it breaks ;) but maybe I'll try
out the new versions, too (maybe they have a changelog).
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/aegypten/ is just not very pleasant to
track :-/

You use the libksba0 from the last debline (0.9.1) but the pinentry-qt from
the second deb line (the first one is not needed for aegypten packages).
Maybe uninstall all those package, decide on one of those line and reinstall
them. The second deb line, I use myself with mainly sarge (as it says :). But
sid packages probably do not differ much (libgcrypt1 is still the same).

Also make sure that gpg-agent is running properly. With my packages it should
look like:
$ps ax
  784 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/gpg-agent.real --daemon
$set
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-rZNwbx/S.gpg-agent:784:1
$ ls -l /tmp/gpg-rZNwbx/S.gpg-agent
srwxr-xr-x    1 hendrik  users           0 2004-01-08 19:03 /tmp/gpg-rZNwbx/
S.gpg-agent

If gpg-agent is not running check /etc/X11/Xsession.options for the
"use-gpg-agent" line.

HS

PS: Maybe someone with Debian maintainer status can put needed aegypten
packages into main Debian? Kmail with libgcrypt1 is pretty useless without
the rest of it.

        oder über pgp.net