Re: Packaging problem.

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 12:00:19PM +0100, Jean-Michel Kelbert wrote:
> To my mind it is not a good idea to include lib in a binary package, so
> I don't want to do only one package.

To be honest I don't know why most of the kde programs have libraries at
all. Except for the ones that have kparts or plugins it makes very
little sense since they will only be used by the one program. Libraries
that are only used by one program shouldn't be split out at all imho.
And generally the ftp admin team frowns on the library packaging guide
that states to split everything library into a libfoo libfoo-bin
libfoo-dev. If we did that for all of KDE there would probably be an
extra 300-400 packages, that would be pointless...

Chris