Re: Packaging problem.

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 11:01:14AM +0300, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am the maintenair of k3b.
>
> Could you please explain what's the rationale of splitting k3b in several
> packages? Seems that k3b libraries are used only by k3b itself, and none of
> the k3b packages is architecture-independent. Isn't it better to put
> everything in a single package?

Yes, I'm actually surprised that the ftp admin team let it through. They
have rejected similiar things in the past. To be honest it looks like
their _NEW_ processing isn't happening right now and things are being
immediately accepted into the archive, which is probably not a good
idea. I uploaded a meta-kde package that should have been marked NEW and
it wasn't and instead went directly in.

Chris