Re: remote control without timeout

>  I want to be able to automatically start a kde session (easy) on the
> server at boot-up, and then be able to VNC to it without having to set up
> the 'allow remote user to view / control' thing each time (not so easy).
> In no small part because it's really difficult to use the server's GUI
> directly.

Err, you want to first-time set up "the 'allow remote user to view / control'
thing", you are talking of KDE Desktop sharing, I guess...

Two ways: Set up that at another computer and copy the config files or start
KDE inside the plain old vncserver to set up KDE's own VNC abilities.

Greetings,
--
Thomas Ritter

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin