Re: KDE 3.1.3 - Sid Status Update

>arts
>====
>ia64    * failed - need new gcc 3.3 snapshot (newer than 20030731)
New GCC is in.  :-)

>kdebase
>=======
>arm     * failed - needs retry
>m68k    * failed - needs retry
>mips    * failed - needs xfree86 4.2.1-10 (xkbfile_pic)
>mipsel  * failed - needs xfree86 4.2.1-10 (xkbfile_pic)

So there's going to be an xfree86 4.2.1-10? ;-)

XFree86 4.3.0 is in experimental.  Is it anticipated to introduce
any new (or old) problems when it hits unstable?  (If so, can
arrangements be made to delay that until KDE 3 finally gets into
testing?  I'd hate for KDE to be kept out of testing for yet *another*
dependency reason....)

>s390    * failed - ISO C issue #203949
I don't know the glibc maintainers' schedules, but they seem to have an
evil amount of stuff on their plates at the moment.  Fixing the
accidental sparc upload problem, making hppa build properly with 2.3.2,
fixing this bug, fixing #203303 (the architecture-independent bad
headers), and #202969 (the GTK crasher).

So where possible, I'm guessing workarounds for glibc bugs (as long as
they don't cause future problems) would probably be worthwhile.
:-/

Anyway, the status of KDE seems very good!

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html