Re: XdmcpWrapper error

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 11:23:53PM +0100, Bolemányi Attila wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a Debian Woody system with XFree 4.3.0 and KDE 3.1.1.
> I haven't had a graphical login with kdm since I upgraded to XFree 4.3.0 from
> binary packages.
> When the kdm starts, I get the error message in /var/log/kdm:
> "/usr/bin/kdm : relocation error: /usr/bin/kdm: undefined symbol:
> _XdmcpWrapperToOddParity"
>
> Could anybody help me?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Attila

This is a common error it has to do with XFree being compiled wrong, It
appears that is caused when XFree is not compiled with XDMAUTH support.
You can find out more information by searching the debian mailing list
archive since this problem has come up many times before. The official
XFree in debian should work properly.

Chris