kaudiocreator questions

Hi all!

I'm in the process of setting up a music server, and replacing all my 300 disk
cd changers permanently, but have run into a snag.

I've got a question about kaudiocreator.  I'm using sarge/sid, and when I run
kaudiocreator, even though I've marked the box that says 'save wav file as
well as encoded file'  only the lame encoded mp3 is saved. any suggestions on
which file I need to edit to force this?

I've still got 500 gig of wav's to encode for the server, so this is fairly
important to me.  Under rh 9, this worked well, but as i didn't care for
fedora, I migrated over to debian via knoppix.

Thanks for any help.

jaz