File Association Problem

I tried changing the file associations for text/html so that mozilla-firebird
opens when I click on a html link in kmail.  That didn't work so I tried to
restore the file associateion back to konqueror.  Unfortunately I get the
following message when I now click on a link:

There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated Konqueror with
text/html, but it can't handle this file type.

I tried restoring the file associateion through
ControlCenter-KDEComponents-FileAssociateions and Defaults, but it didn't
help.

Can anybody tell me how I can fix this or how I can change the file
association and have it work?  I'm using KDE 3.4.1 from unstable on a testing
machine.

Thanks,
--
Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler