Re: PDF Printer: How to install

Am Donnerstag, 20. November 2003 19:04 schrieb Leopold Palomo Avellaneda:
> A Dijous 20 Novembre 2003 10:30, Tim Ruehsen va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to have a PDF printer available to all applications. But
> > kprinters 'new printer' option does not allow to select one (does not
> > show this option). What is missing?
> >
> > Grtz, Tim
>
> Have you installed cupsys, kdeprint, libcupsys2?

All of it. After some help via PM, it looks like 'kprinterd' does not want to
start (the libraries and .desktop file is where it belongs). There seem to be
some issues in bugs.debian.org that describe my problem - i am not sure if it
fits 100%.
First of all, I use PDF export from OOO. The next step might be direct cups
pdf filter. And after that I wait for bug fixes;-)

Thanks.

Tim