Re: Recent bugs with accented characters

Am Mittwoch, 19. November 2003 21:19 schrieb Charles de Miramon:
> A recent patch to QT has broken the translation from UTF 8 to 8bits for
> URI. A workaround for the Google stuff is to  change the Web shortcut
> (Konqueror-->settings) to
> take away the UTF8 stuff like that :
> http://www.google.com/search?q=\{@}
> and put it in your encoding

Hmm, I am using de_DE@euro as locale and Konqueror has the google problem on
entering line like "gg:üöä" will result in a search line of "???" in
google :-(

I looked at the settings and changed it to the following line:
http://www.google.com/search?q=\{@}&ie=ISO-8859-15&oe=UTF-8
and now it works.

Looks like that one is broken.
Starting konqueror now with:
$LC_ALL=de_DE.UTF-8 konqueror
and again using "gg:üöä" now gives a false string but works with the default.
Is there a way to have the ie= value (obviously for "input encoding")
dependent on the locale? Cannot be too hard to do (simply using
nl_langinfo(CODESET) or some QT stuff).
Another work-around is to always start konqueror with UTF-8 locale. However,
that bad for GTK1 programs started from there :-(

What a mess ;)

HS

        oder über pgp.net