Re: mouse moves on its own.

James Wells (listsATNOSPAMlazyjames.co.uk@lazyjames.plus.com) wrote:

> > since 2 weeks or so my mouse becomes crative. It thinks it should move to
> > the right or the left, I think it never moved up and down, without asking
> > me. That is not a kindly behavior. Is this a problem related to XFree and
> > will be fixed in 4.3 (current installed 4.2.1.1) or is it kde related and
> > will be fixed in kde 3.2? Or has it nothing to do with anything and will
> > never be fixed? :-)
> > Ok - I know that this was disucced in the past. So if s.o. can tell me
> > where to read about i am grad.
>
> I think that you are describing the problem where the cursor drawn on the
> screen and the place where it clicks when you press a button are offset. You
> can fix this by putting the following line into the "Device" section of
> XF68Config-4 where your video card is described:
> Option "sw_cursor" "true"

Sorry if this was already suggested as I missed the start of the thread.

It could also be gpm. Make sure gpm is NOT RUNNING while the X Server is
running. You can run `/etc/init.d/gpm stop` to stop the gpm daemon if it
is running. I don't personally use gpm so I created a false /etc/init.d/gpm
file that basically has "exit 0" at the top to keep any packages who
might installed gpm from actually starting it in the future.

HTH,
Ron