Re: testing 2.2 -> 3.1 transition

Am Mit, 2003-11-05 um 09.04 schrieb Ross Boylan:
> I see that parts of KDE 3.1 have finally made it into testing.  I have
> a testing system running KDE 2.2 (standard Debiain packages).
>
> I think some of the miscellaneous issues (e.g., libsensors) may be
> holding things up right now, but, aside from that, is it safe to just
> upgrade or dist-upgrade?  It looks as if I might end up with a mix of
> 2.2 and 3.1, for example the core desktop at 3.1 but apps like KWord
> at 2.2.

Hi Ross
I don't consider it safe, as the kde does not work anymore after a
dist-upgrade on testing.
This is exaclty because of the libsensors-1debian1 problem. Look into
the archive. Somebody had posted a URL to a Wiki where you can download
that missing package.

After installing it, you get a working kde 3.1 environement. But I still
have troubles with missing fonts in the konsole.

-Benoit-