Re: transitions from Ralph's 3.1.4 woody packages to 3.1.4 in testing

A Dilluns 03 Novembre 2003 04:13, John Schmidt va escriure:
Hi,

> I see now that a number of 3.1.4 packages are now in testing.  Yet there
> are a few 3.1.3 version packages (kdebase) in testing.  I have been happily
> running Ralphs woody packages, but would like to run testing's versions of
> kde because I would like to install some non-kde packages that depend on a
> qt version that I don't have (libsoqt-dev).  I have tried to dowload the
> source of these packages and build against my version of libqt but have had
> some problems (started to compile but had problems midway).

I have compiled libsoqt and I have woody packages and testing packages. If you
want ...

> I have several questions about making a switch from Ralph's woody packages
> to the version in testing.
>
> 1.  Has anyone made the switch and are there any gotchas to look out for?

I have two machines: one runing woody with kde3.1.4 (Ralf) and another with
testing/sid. I prefer woody-kde3.1.4. For example, I cannot print with
truetype fonts because konqueror crash.

> 2.  Should I delete Ralph's woody packages first or can I just upgrade
> libqt to the c102 version and install the testing packages?

I don't know. I have had a woody installation and after a apt-get upgrade with
the sources lists changed.

Regards,

Leo