Re: KDE 2.2 -> 3.1 broke (some) sound

Hmm.. What output plugin have you set xmms to use?

You'll want to set it to use arts perhaps (or from control center, change the
autosuspend time for arts if idle so it doesn't block /dev/dsp)

On a KDE note, there's noatun (in kdemultimedia metapackage) which is very
similar to xmms (even uses winamp skins too - although not for playlist
window at time of writing).

Regards,

David