Re: font problems on upgrade from woody to sid

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 11:46:28AM +0530, Amit Shah wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded from woody to sid. I was using kde 3.1.2 on woody, and at the
> time of upgrading, sid too had 3.1.2. The fonts have been screwed since
> then. They're larger and don't look like they used to earlier.. helvetica's
> bigger and everything looks ugly. I have xfs and xfstt running. I guess it
> could be a Qt problem somewhere. I can't see major portion of some sites,
> for eg. hotmail.com in konqueror, but Mozilla's display is just fine.
>
> I tried a couple of user accts, and all showed the same fonts. I deleted all
> the .qt, .kde, .fonts-cache, etc files and the fonts were okay.
>
> I dont' want to delete the .kde-stuff for my user acct... which files gen.
> affect these font settings?

Make sure you have /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and local.conf setup to find your
fonts then run 'fc-cache -f -v' and make sure it sees your fonts. After
that restart kde and see if your fonts work better. You may need to go into
kcontrol->appearances->fonts and select different ones if it is defaulting
to bad fonts.

Chris