mplayer & arts.....

Hi,

I came across Christian Marillat's homepage again and quite prominent you'll
see a link to the following bugreport:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=186355

Chris, is there anything that can be done about the whole issue ? I think it
would make life a lot easier if we could get mplayer compiled for arts and
KDE without too much trouble as this is really hairy stuff and without
mplayer you can't use kmplayer and the plugin for konqueror.

Besides that long-term problem, did anyone get it to work already and can tell
me which configure options you need ? I think a how-to wouldn't be too bad
:-)

Thanks,

Ralf

Ralf Nolden