Re: Compiling kmysqladmin-0.6.2 ?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 12:49:22PM +0200, Yann Forget wrote:

> I would like to compile kmysqladmin-0.6.2.
> I am using unstable (KDE 3.1.2).
>
> $ dpkg -l '*qt3*' |grep ii
> ii  libqt3         3.1.2-0woody1  Qt Library
> ii  libqt3-mysql   3.1.2-0woody1  MySQL database driver for Qt3
> ii  libqt3c102-mt  3.1.1-9        Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version)

Hmm. If you are using unstable, you should not be using the version of
Qt backported for Woody. I would imagine that you installed KDE3 on
Woody or testing and subsequently upgraded to unstable?

Anyway, you need to upgrade to a consistant Debian/unstable
installation. You need to remove libqt3 and libqt3-mysql and install
libqt3 from the Debian mirrors. Further information can be found in the
KDE FAQ at http://wiki.debian.net/DebianKDE

In short:

  dpkg --purge --force-depends libqt3 libqt3-mysql
  apt-get update
  apt-get install libqt3c102-mt libqt3-mt-dev

And for completeness:

  apt-get upgrade

And you should find it all works.

As an aside, I suppose that apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade might
do all the above for you, but I have a niggling feeling that it might
not.

Regards,

Paul Cupis
--