Re: KDE 3.1.2 broken

From: "Derek Broughton" <dbroughton@allstream.net>

> From: "Timo Springmann" <timo@OrangeOrb.de>

> > > the official kde in sid.
> >
> > uhm, no, I'm writing this with debian/sid and latest KDE3.1.2 packages...
> >
> Certainly _some_ are broken.  There's no libqt3-mt-dev, which makes using
> kdevelop difficult.  libqt3 is problematic in general, because sid is using
> libqt3c102*
>
> And kmail is broken for me:
>     kmail: relocation error: kmail: undefined symbol: _ZN8DwString4nposE

More interesting.  kmail is now working, after removing
libmimelib1-3.1.2-0woody1 (which force removed kmail) and reinstalling kmail.
That reinstalled libmimelib1 (now 3.1.2-1).  I don't know why dist-upgrade
previously hadn't upgraded libmimelib1, but I'm prepared to believe it was My
Fault (TM) :-)  I see, at least, that a dist-upgrade today would have updated it
(I do a daily "apt-get -s dist-upgrade").