Re: mplayer vs. xine

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 11:24 pm, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> noatun uses the xine lib by plugins to play most of the videoformats....
> (nothing new to you i think :-))
> on my system mplayer i much faster than xine. is there a reason and if so
> why is noatun not using mplayer.

For a thin wrapper around mplayer, try either
KMplayer http://www.xs4all.nl/~jjvrieze/kmplayer.html
  (also available directly from James Greenhalgh's CVS deb packages)

OR
KPlayer http://kplayer.sourceforge.net/
  (also available from Marillat's multimedia deb repository, along with
mplayer debs)

I say _thin_ wrapper, since neither use arts.  For that, you need to wrap
mplayer with artsdsp, and take care of latency manually.

HTH,