Re: Qt3 still broken (compat-headers), what to do?

El Domingo, 13 de Julio de 2003 05:51, Ben Burton escribió:
> (i) Wait for the Qt maintainers to upload a fix.
> (ii) Do an NMU for Qt, despite the fact that this bug is not
> release-critical. (iii) Resort to the technical committee.
> (iv) Keep the package split and release sarge with a broken Qt development
> environment.
>
> Several months of experience suggest that (i) does not promise success.
> Option (iii) seems rather heavy-handed to me.  And I am loathe to see us
> reach (iv), cementing debian as the only distribution with a deliberately
> broken Qt.

I agree with you that the current situation is confusing, and that should be
changed.

I don't understand what happens with solution (i), and why it does not promise
success. I suppose that you have contacted with Martin in the past to correct
that, and the problem persists. Am I wrong?

After reading the maintainers reference, I only know that I am not so
experienced to determine if a NMU is needed, or don't (I'm not a maintainer,
neither a DD, but I want to help). But as a user, and a programmer, I
understand this should be fixed.

Best regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0xAA8D2A01