kdesktop_lock only works with local users

Hi,

I have a sid box using winbind so my NT domain users can login to it.  I can
login with a domain account just fine, I modified /etc/pam.d/kdm).  The
problem is with kdesktop_lock, in that it will only unlock for local users,
but not domain users.

Should kdesktop_lock use the same auth mechanism that kdm uses to login?  It
looks like kdesktop_lock uses kcheckpass, which in turn can use pam, but
what pam file is kcheckpass using to verify the password?

Thanks,

Justin