Re: Woody KDE 3.1.1 Good Now ?

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:05:56 +0200, Ralf Nolden wrote:

>On Monday 14 April 2003 03:16, Nick Boyce wrote:
[...]
>> I'm just wondering whether the Woody 3.1.1 debs are proving good for
>> most people now.
[...]
>> I think Ralf says to resolve Cups problems we must use packages
>> from http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/Printing but that will install Samba
>> 2.2.7a - but I'm using Eloy Paris's Samba 2.2.8a Woody packages - is
>> that a problem ?
>
>No, if you're using a samba version higher than in woody and lower than in
>unstable you need to care about security issues only.

OK - thanks for that.

>(I still don't know why the samba maintainer used a samba alpha snapshot in
>unstable...)

Well I don't use unstable so it's not an issue for me.  But it's
apparent there's vastly greater functionality in Samba 3, much of it
already working.  Maybe the Debian maintainer is hopeful that Samba 3
and unstable will graduate together.

>Mind that the packages on http://download.kde.org have all recent KDE security
>issues fixed. So if you can do it you should update to 3.1.1a on
>download.kde.org via apt-get.

Thanks - will do.  I'm still nervous though ... maybe I should take a
backup first ;-)

Cheers

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
"Ok spammer, I'll 'just hit delete'. You can be 'Delete'."
                         --  Ron "SuperTroll" Ritzman, NANAE