Problems with Mouse on KDE

Hello List,

I'm working on a notebook and experienced some problems with my touchpad. The mouse halts (and reactivates itself after some time) or vanishes completely. I had the same problems under Win2K and WinXP but by far not that often.
To get the mouse back I have to kill the xserver or just logout and in again.

This might be a hardware bug but it would be nice to reinitialise the mouse without a kde/xserver restart. Is there a way to do this?

I'm working on Sid with KDE 3.1.1 and the default ps2 driver (is there any spezial touchpad driver?)

Although I like to work with the keyboard it causes some trouble if you try to handle the Internet : )

Greetings and thanks for your help : )
Norab