Re: KDE 3.1.1 Fast as root but slow as User

Ciao :)

Alle 23:42, martedì 8 aprile 2003, Hendrik Sattler ha scritto:

> What's worse is that KDE still takes ages to start, independent on how fast
> the system is. KDM starts up fast (although it is still pretty slow), too,
> so somewhere must be a big problem in the startup routine. The whole
> desktop creation stuff simply cannot take that long, other window managers
> do that much faster, too. QT and KDE libs and all that is already loaded by
> KDM. What does actually take that long? Or to be more specific: what eats
> up the most time at KDE startup?

	On my laptop, I've installed slack 9.0 too.  To start up kde 3.1 it takes 1/3
- 1/4 of the sarge's time ... it's the same system, the same kde version  ...
it (slack) does not has x-session-manager and ssh process (we can disable, at
last ssh, in Xsession.d, especially on a laptop) ...

	Slack is very faster in startup and during the work , I dont' know why
(gcc3.2, optimization ... ??!?)  :(     .. I use debian anyway ... but I'm
sorry about this lacking of performance.

   bye :)
--

   mikj