Re: KDE 3.1.1 Fast as root but slow as User

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 11:30:05AM +0200, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> > > Try running 'chown root.root /tmp/.ICE-unix' when you log in.
> >
> > Er, *before* you log in.
>
> How does that trick work?

Well, that makes ICE use a faster method of IPC - it uses Unix sockets
(virtually free), instead of ... well, the other method it uses. :)

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org